Lenmed Responds to Covid-19 With Additional Safety Measures
March 2020: Lenmed has implemented additional safety measures in the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak, and wishes to assure you that –
- The safety of our patients, employees, doctors and community members is our priority,
- Our staff and facilities are prepared for the COVID-19 outbreak,
- Our procedures are aligned with the NICD guidelines, and
- Our facilities and emergency units are operating as normal.
1. Visiting process and hours
In our efforts to ensure the safety of our patients, employees, doctors and community during the COVID-19 outbreak, Lenmed has implemented the following Group-wide precautions in addition to our standard measures and in alignment to NICD guidelines. We urge our communities to familiarize themselves with these changes.
2. Screening on entry
- All visitors will need to be screened; certain entrances may be closed off, so please follow signage or direction from security staff.
- Each visitor will have to complete a screening questionnaire on entry into the hospital grounds, this form will be given to you on entry and must be completed and handed to security staff at hospital entrances.
- Each visitor entering must have their hands sanitised.
- Each visitor entering will be given a sticker (different colour per day of the week) to confirm that you have been screened.
- Visitors with respiratory symptoms and/or fever and/or positive travel history may require additional screening in a designated area.
- We request your patience and understanding as these precautions have been put in place in the interests of the safety of our employees, doctors, patients, visitors and community members.
- Additional screening will need to be completed before visiting patients admitted to any of specialised units – these include for example ICU, HCU etc.
3. COVID-19 UPDATED PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES: Reduced Visiting Hours
- Visiting hours: Once a day between 3pm-4pm
- Visitor screening: All those entering the hospital will be screened before entering the building
- Visitor admission: Only one visitor per patient
We apologise in advance for any inconvenience caused as result of the additional precautions introduced.
For current news and updates on COVID-19 please visit the NICD website or call 0800 111 132/0800 029 999.
The Lenmed Group proudly owns and manages 11 private hospitals in South Africa, Botswana and Mozambique. All 11 hospitals offer 24-hour emergency care.
For any further information, please contact Lenmed Group Marketing & Communications Manager: Michelle Naidoo on +27 87 087 0600 or email@example.com