Click to expand
By using the pre-admission process to ensure that when you arrive at the hospital for your procedure, all the administrative and legal requirements have been taken care of. This will mean that on the day, subject to all documents and payments being in order, admission will be faster and more efficient. Preferably, you should make use of this service at least 3 days prior to admission and maternity patients should notify their medical aid within the first 2 months of pregnancy or as specified by the medical aid. Parents must ensure that their baby is registered as a dependent on their medical aid within 30 days, but we recommend as soon as possible as baby may have to be admitted.
You may submit a pre-admission by:
- Visiting our pre-admission desk prior to the date of planned admission.
- Completing the Submission Form below.
The following documents will be required (for all admissions):
- Main medical aid member’s identity document/passport/valid driver’s license.
- Latest medical card or medical aid certificate.
- Doctor’s note with relevant procedure codes.
- Medical aid authorization number.
- Any additional documents required by your medical aid/type of admission e.g. workman’s compensation act.