Lenmed COVID-19 Updated Visiting Hours
Lenmed has tightened its COVID-19 precautionary measures following the Honourable President of South Africa, Cyril Ramaphosa’s announcement of a lockdown to ensure the safety of our patients, employees, doctors and community.
We have been complying with restriction guidelines as we’ve progressed through the various levels of lockdown since the initial announcement.
In strict accordance with the National Institute for Communicable Diseases (NICD) and National Department of Health Protocols, Lenmed has implemented the necessary measures along with our usual standards to manage any suspected or confirmed COVID-19 patients to prevent any potential transmission in our facilities.
From August 2020 our hospitals are also fully prepared and ready for planned surgical procedures and medical admissions. All departments and operations are fully functional and our teams are prepared to treat you and your loved ones safely. The number of beds dedicated to COVID-19 have been reduced and all infection prevention processes and protocols have been implemented to prepare wards and theatres for green (non-COVID-19) admissions.
In addition to the above, we have strict access control and screening on entering at all our facilities, which have been updated as follows –
- We are still restricting visitor access but following the subsiding rate of COVID-19 cases in the country, our visiting hours will be relaxed at all Lenmed facilities from the end of August 2020 in the maternity and paediatric units.
- Birthing partners will be allowed under strict precautions
- Nursery and NICU – ONLY one parent at a time will be permitted to visit newborns and must complete a negative screening prior to visiting. ONLY parents of the newborn will be permitted.
- Paediatrics – ONLY one parent may stay with the admitted child and must complete a negative screening prior to visiting.
- Gravely ill patients will be allowed ONE visitor by special permission given by Hospital Manager. This visitor must complete a negative screening prior to visiting.
- ALL of the above will require adherence to strict infection prevention controls.
The COVID-19 pandemic remains fluid. Lenmed is vigilant and will continue to assess the situation and adapt our processes and protocols as required to constantly maintain our high safety standards. As we are able to experience the effects of the ease of lockdown and optimistically, the ongoing decrease in rate of infections, we will further relieve visitation restrictions in our facilities.
Please be assured of our best intentions and that –
- Lenmed hospitals are fully operational, prepared and vigilant
- The safety of our patients, employees, visitors, doctors and community members is our priority
- Our staff and facilities are prepared for the COVID-19 outbreak
- Our procedures are aligned with the NICD guidelines
Patients with severe COVID-19 symptoms such as shortness of breath are requested to call ahead to the Accident and Emergency Department to arrange for an assessment and/or possible admission. All other patients, including those with mild symptoms or those seeking testing are requested to contact their GPs for advice.
For further information please contact Group Marketing and Communications Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or +27 87 087 0600.