Lenmed COVID-19 Updated Visiting Hours
Lenmed has tightened its COVID-19 precautionary measures following the Honourable President of South Africa, Cyril Ramaphosa’s announcement of a lockdown to ensure the safety of our patients, employees, doctors and community.
In strict accordance with the National Institute for Communicable Diseases (NICD) and National Department of Health Protocols, Lenmed has implemented the necessary measures along with our usual standards to manage any suspected or confirmed COVID-19 patients to prevent any potential transmission in our facilities.
In addition to the above, we have strict access control and screening on entering at all our facilities, which have been updated as follows –
- No visitors will be allowed into the hospital
- Exceptions are:
- Nursery and NICU – ONLY one parent at a time will be permitted to visit newborns and must complete a negative screening prior to visiting. ONLY parents of the newborn will be permitted.
- Paediatrics – ONLY one parent may stay with the admitted child and must complete a negative screening prior to visiting.
- Gravely ill patients will be allowed ONE visitor by special permission given by Hospital Manager. This visitor must complete a negative screening prior to visiting.
- ALL of the above will require adherence to strict infection prevention controls.
Please be assured –
- The safety of our patients, employees, visitors, doctors and community members is our priority
- Our staff and facilities are prepared for the COVID-19 outbreak
- Our procedures are aligned with the NICD guidelines
Patients with severe COVID-19 symptoms such as shortness of breath are requested to call ahead to the Accident and Emergency Department to arrange for an assessment and/or possible admission. All other patients, including those with mild symptoms or those seeking testing are requested to contact their GPs for advice.
For further information please contact Group Marketing and Communications Manager at email@example.com or +27 87 087 0600.