Click to expand
Pre-admissions for hospital procedures
The pre-admission process ensures that when you arrive at the hospital for your procedure, all the administrative and legal requirements have been taken care of. This will mean that on the day, subject to all documents and payments being in order, admission will be faster and more efficient. Preferably, you should make use of this service at least 3 days prior to admission and maternity patients should notify their medical aid within the first 2 months of pregnancy or as specified by the medical aid. Parents must ensure that their baby is registered as a dependant on their medical aid within 30 days, but we recommend as soon as possible as baby may have to be admitted.
What are the benefits of pre-admission?
- Ensures you are ready and prepared for your admission
- All administrative requirements are taken care of
- Complete the pre-admission from the comfort of your home
- Efficient admission on the day of your procedure saves you time
You may submit a pre-admission by:
- Visiting our Pre-admissions/Reception desk prior to your procedure day.
- Completing the Submission Form below.
On the day of your admission, please bring your chronic medication with you.
The following documents will be required (for all admissions):
- Patient as well as main medical aid member’s identity document / passport / valid driver’s license.
- Latest medical card or medical aid certificate.
- Doctor’s note with relevant procedure codes.
- Medical aid authorisation number.
- Any additional documents required by your medical aid/type of admission e.g. workman’s compensation act.